Representatives of the world’s hospital and health systems gathered for the first ever International Hospital Congress. Following a successful congress, the International Hospital Association was born to continue the group’s ambition – learning from each other to improve health service delivery.
After the Second World War, the organization was renamed the International Hospital Federation in 1947.
In 2011, the IHF’s Governing Council took the strategic decision to move the headquarters to Geneva, Switzerland, to strengthen relations with other global institutions and NGOs.
IHF provides our members with a platform for knowledge exchange and networking with different actors in the health sector. Motivated by a shared commitment to well-managed hospitals, our members act together to improve the standard, quality, and level of healthcare service delivery.